8th Annual Wake Up to Heritage Place Breakfast
Thursday, April 30
7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Fitzgerald Charlier, CFP, Sherpa Financial Group presents " Planning for Family Transitions"
Complimentary hot breakfast, entertainment, and door prizes!
Reserve your seat by Friday, April 24
Hoosier Heritage Night
Celebrating the Lifetime Achievement of Six Accomplished Individuals
Wednesday, June 10 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Cost: $100.00 per person
Honorary Chair: Yvonne Perkins
Vice President, Corporate Communications and Chief Diversity Officer, Citizens Energy Group
A dinner and award ceremony celebrating the lifetime achievement of the 2015 honorees:
Retired Assistant Commissioner Indiana High School Athletic Association
Elaine E. Bedel
CFP and CEO and President Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc.
Indiana State Representative for the 85th District, Attorney, DeLaney & DeLaney
Retired, Indianapolis Public Schools Administrator
/Director of Title I Programs
Founder, Plews Shadley Racher & Braun, LLP
Indiana Author, Speaker, Comedian
Our Mission is to provide older adults with comprehensive and coordinated human services to encourage and promote healthy lifestyles, independence, well-being and quality of life.
Our Target Population
- Older Adults in Marion County age 55+
- Older adults served yearly = over 1,250
- U.S. Census results for Marion County: more older adults are living alone, more people are living to older ages and the 55+ population is rapidly increasing.
What difference does Heritage Place make?
- We help older adults live in their residence of choice, an important aspect of independent living.
- We help older adults live more socially active lives - important because socially isolated seniors are at high risk for poor health and for poor physical, mental, emotional and social functioning.
- Watch our video: Heritage Place - Making a Difference in Our Community
What are the Benefits to the Community?
- Economic - Shop locally, take care of property
- Crime/Safety - participate in crime watch, watch the comings and goings near where they live, no wild parties, don't commit crimes
- Volunteer - at church and for other not-for-profits, (i.e. museums, theaters, boards of directors, hospitals, fund raising events)
- Political - vote, read newspapers
What are Heritage Place Goals?
- To build our capacity for serving more people
- To continue providing high quality services
- To offer more programming to address the needs of older adults
What are Heritage Place Needs?
- Your financial donation. Please consider the largest gift possible. 92% of your donation goes to direct service.
- Your work and talents as a volunteer. Please consider investing your time in our worthy cause. Volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups include class instructors, in-home services, office assistants, fund raising events and board of directors.
Donor and Volunteer Benefits
- Recognition in Heritage Place publications
- Satisfaction in knowing that you helped over 1,250 older adults directly and immediately.