8th Annual Wake Up to Heritage Place Breakfast
Thursday, April 30
7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Fitzgerald Charlier, CFP, Sherpa Financial Group presents " Planning for Family Transitions"
Complimentary hot breakfast, entertainment, and door prizes!
Reserve your seat today! Call (317) 283-6662
Hoosier Heritage Night
Celebrating the Lifetime Achievement of Six Accomplished Individuals
Wednesday, June 10 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Cost: $100.00 per person
Honorary Chair: Yvonne Perkins
Vice President, Corporate Communications and Chief Diversity Officer, Citizens Energy Group
A dinner and award ceremony celebrating the lifetime achievement of the 2015 honorees:
Retired Assistant Commissioner Indiana High School Athletic Association
Elaine E. Bedel
CFP and CEO and President Bedel Financial Consulting, Inc.
Indiana State Representative for the 85th District, Attorney, DeLaney & DeLaney
Retired, Indianapolis Public Schools Administrator
/Director of Title I Programs
Founder, Plews Shadley Racher & Braun, LLP
Indiana Author, Speaker, Comedian
Our Mission is to provide older adults with comprehensive and coordinated human services to encourage and promote healthy lifestyles, independence, well-being and quality of life.
Our Target Population
- Older Adults in Marion County age 55+
- Older adults served yearly = over 1,250
- U.S. Census results for Marion County: more older adults are living alone, more people are living to older ages and the 55+ population is rapidly increasing.
What difference does Heritage Place make?
- We help older adults live in their residence of choice, an important aspect of independent living.
- We help older adults live more socially active lives - important because socially isolated seniors are at high risk for poor health and for poor physical, mental, emotional and social functioning.
- Watch our video: Heritage Place - Making a Difference in Our Community
What are the Benefits to the Community?
- Economic - Shop locally, take care of property
- Crime/Safety - participate in crime watch, watch the comings and goings near where they live, no wild parties, don't commit crimes
- Volunteer - at church and for other not-for-profits, (i.e. museums, theaters, boards of directors, hospitals, fund raising events)
- Political - vote, read newspapers
What are Heritage Place Goals?
- To build our capacity for serving more people
- To continue providing high quality services
- To offer more programming to address the needs of older adults
What are Heritage Place Needs?
- Your financial donation. Please consider the largest gift possible. 92% of your donation goes to direct service.
- Your work and talents as a volunteer. Please consider investing your time in our worthy cause. Volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups include class instructors, in-home services, office assistants, fund raising events and board of directors.
Donor and Volunteer Benefits
- Recognition in Heritage Place publications
- Satisfaction in knowing that you helped over 1,250 older adults directly and immediately.