Mind, Body and Soul - 40 Ways to Health and Wellness
Thursday, October 20, 2016
10:00 a.m. .to 2:00 p.m.
4550 N. Illinois Street (corner of 46th and Illinois)
Visit more than 22 vendors, community resources and enjoy a friendly game of ping-pong or corn-hole!
FREE event! FREE snacks! (while supplies last) FREE parking!
Your Invitation to....
When: Thursday, November 3, 2016
Where: Wheeler Arts Center, 1035 Sanders Street, Indianapolis, IN 46203
What: Trivia Bowl is fun and spirited way to spend an evening with friends or co-workers and to help support the mission of Heritage Place
- creating opportunities for independence for hundreds of older adults.
You can make a difference in the lives of older adults!!!
Your participation can help.
Send your reservations today!!!
EARLY BIRD RATES:
Monday, October 7 is the deadline for Early Bird Rates for Corporate Teams.
Monday, October 21 is the deadline for Early Bird Rates for Friends Teams. (Teams can have up to 10 players.)
To make your reservation, contact Ruth Ann Hankins at (317) 283-6662 or Ruth.Ann.Hankins@heritageplaceindy.org
Our Mission is to provide older adults with comprehensive and coordinated human services to encourage and promote healthy lifestyles, independence, well-being and quality of life.
Our Target Population
- Older Adults in Marion County age 55+
- Older adults served yearly = over 1,250
- U.S. Census results for Marion County: more older adults are living alone, more people are living to older ages and the 55+ population is rapidly increasing.
What difference does Heritage Place make?
- We help older adults live in their residence of choice, an important aspect of independent living.
- We help older adults live more socially active lives - important because socially isolated seniors are at high risk for poor health and for poor physical, mental, emotional and social functioning.
- Watch our video: Heritage Place - Making a Difference in Our Community
What are the Benefits to the Community?
- Economic - Shop locally, take care of property
- Crime/Safety - participate in crime watch, watch the comings and goings near where they live, no wild parties, don't commit crimes
- Volunteer - at church and for other not-for-profits, (i.e. museums, theaters, boards of directors, hospitals, fund raising events)
- Political - vote, read newspapers
What are Heritage Place Goals?
- To build our capacity for serving more people
- To continue providing high quality services
- To offer more programming to address the needs of older adults
What are Heritage Place Needs?
- Your financial donation. Please consider the largest gift possible. 92% of your donation goes to direct service.
- Your work and talents as a volunteer. Please consider investing your time in our worthy cause. Volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups include class instructors, in-home services, office assistants, fund raising events and board of directors.
Donor and Volunteer Benefits
- Recognition in Heritage Place publications
- Satisfaction in knowing that you helped over 1,250 older adults directly and immediately.